REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENTS
- Some of the culverts, fences and bridges on the trail are over 50 years old and every year usually requires the repair or replacement of some of them.
- Liability insurance for the trail, our volunteers and employee(s) takes a significant portion of our annual budget.
- Grading and clean fill in areas that become impassable or that get washed out in the spring thaw or after heavy rains.
- Beaver dams must be monitored and maintained or removed on a weekly basis.
- Signs must be maintained and replaced on regular basis
- Other general maintenance costs include preventing erosion, trash removal, trimming brush, and removing fallen trees
- Although we are primarily a volunteer based organization there are some staff and office expenses as well as the cost of printing the trail passes and maps etc.